Long Beach Island, NJ & Nearby FAQ’s “Indoor & Outdoor Activities”
Where Can We Rent Bicycles On Long Beach Island, NJ ?
If you don’t want to bring your bikes to Long Beach Island, renting LBI bicycles is very easy right up the street from Lorry’s LBI Motel at Bowker’s South Beach Grill. That way you stay on vacation and relax longer as the rental bicycles are right up the street at the Beach. Bicycling is an easy and inexpensive way to have some LBI fun.
Where Can I Work Out?
* Elite Fitness, 12904 Long Beach Boulevard, Beach Haven Terrace, NJ 08008 – – 609-492-9300
* Lyceum Health & Fitness Club, 265 West 8th Street, Ship Bottom,NJ 08008 – – 609-494-4393
* Retro Fitness, 714 East Bay Avenue, Manahawkin, NJ 08050 Ph: 609-978-4700 Retro Fitness is a Full Service Gym with movie theater, juice bar, free weights, weight training machines, cardio machines, sauna (steam room), babysitting, etc.
* Ocean Club, 700 South Main Street (Route 9), Manahawkin, NJ 08050 Ph: 609-978-2244 Ocean Club is a Full Service Gym with free weights, weight training machines, cardio machines, swimming pool, whirpool, sauna (steam room), babysitting, etc.
* Curves For Women, 849 West Bay Ave. Suite 1, Barnegat, NJ 08005 Ph: 609-660-2500
* Lyceum Health & Fitness Club, 685 Mill Creek Rd, Manahawkin, NJ 08050 – – Ph: 609-597-2222
Are You Near Amusements / Restaurants On Long Beach Island, NJ?
YES, Lorry’s Motel is only 2 miles from Beach Haven, NJ (and only 15 minutes by bicycle) where most of the Amusements and Restaurants are.
Any LBI Miniature Golf Courses Available?
* Adventure Golf at Thundering Surf Water Park, 806 North Bay Ave, Beach Haven, NJ 609-492-0869
* Mr. Tee’s Putt and Play, 226 Engleside Ave, Beach Haven, NJ Ph: 609-492-8689
* Flamingo Golf Course, 5th St & Long Beach Blvd, Ship Bottom, NJ Ph: 609-361-1874
* Hartland Miniature Golf & Arcade, 2903 South Long Beach Blvd, Ship Bottom, NJ Ph: 609-494-7776
* Sand Trap Miniature Golf Course, 23 Long Beach Blvd, Ship Bottom, NJ Ph: 609-494-3185
* Surf City Island Golf, 6th St & Long Beach Blvd, Surf City, NJ Ph: 609-494-1709
Where Is The Movie Theater Located ?
* Regal Manahawkin 10, 733 Route 72 East, Manahawkin, NJ – 609-978-5914 Located in Verizon & Staples Shopping Plaza on Rt 72 in Manahawkin, NJ. Regal Manahawkin 10 has 10 theaters and is open year round.
Are There Any Live Theaters on Long Beach Island, NJ ?
* Surflight Theatre, Engleside & Beach Ave, Beach Haven, NJ 609-492-9477 – – On Long Beach Island (LBI)
* Ocean First Theater (Stafford Township Arts Center), 1000 McKinley Avenue, Manahawkin, NJ 609-489-8600 – – On The Nearby Mainland
Any Internet Cafe’s Or Libraries with Internet Access Available ?
* Buckalew’s Restaurant & Tavern, 101 North Bay Avenue & Centre Street, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 – – 609-492-1065 (Only 4 Minutes From Lorry’s Motel). Buckalew’s has wireless internet available. Bring your laptop and have a something to eat or drink
* NJ Maritime Museum – 528 Dock Road, Beach Haven, NJ – – Ph: 609-492-0202 Largest Maritime Museaum in the Northeast, Free Admission Donations Accepted – -Only 4 Minutes By Car From Lorry’s Motel
* Beach Haven Public Library, 247 North Beach Avenue, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 – – 609-492-7081
* How You Brewin Internet Cafe, 8 Long Beach Blvd. & North 1st Street, Surf City, NJ 08008 – – 609-494-2003
* Surf City Public Library, 217 South Central Avenue, Surf City, NJ 08008 – – 609-494-2480
Where Can We Surf On Long Beach Island, NJ ?
There is surfing right off of the nearby beach and at The Wooden Jetty only 1 Street from Lorry’s Island End Motel. There are also many other LBI places to surf.
Are There Any Outdoor Concerts?
YES, almost every Long Beach Island Municipality has outdoor concerts (In Season). Please check The SandPaper for the locations and schedules. Beach Haven, NJ has outdoor concerts every Wednesday during July and August at 7:30 pm at the Beach Haven Bicentennial Park. Engleside Avenue at Beach Avenue Ph: 609-492-0769 – -Only 4 Minutes By Car From Lorry’s Motel
Long Beach Twp. 68th Street – – at Bayview park -And- At The Beach Pavillion
Ship Bottom – 9th Street at the Bay
Harvey Cedars – Sunset Park at the Bay
Are There Any Eco & Nature Tours?
* Holgate Marina, 83 Tebco Terrace, Beach Haven Inlet, (Holgate) NJ Ph: 609-492-0191 Holgate Marina is very close to Lorry’s Motel only 13 streets away. Holgate Marina rents Kayaks & Boats to take you on a relaxing tour of the beautiful Barnegat Bay and small Islands in the Bay. The Wildlife you will see is phenomenal.
* First Bridge Marina & Kayak, 500 Great Bay Boulevard (1st Bridge), Tuckerton, NJ Ph: 609-296-1888 www.fbkayak.com
* New Jersey Kayak, 409 East Bay Avenue, Barnegat, NJ Ph: 609-698-4440
* The Pinelands National Preserve is one of the last open spaces in the Northeast United States. It is a million acre preserve in Central New Jersey not far from Lorry’s Motel. There are many streams, miniature pines, rare plants and animal life.
* The Southern Pinelands Natural Heritage Trail is located in The Pinelands. NOTE: The Pinelands National Preserve is one of the last open spaces in the Northeast United States. It is a million acre preserve in Central New Jersey not far from Lorry’s Motel. There are many streams, miniature pines, rare plants and animal life. The Southern Pinelands Natural Heritage Trail is located in The Pinelands.
A scenic byway is a corridor that possesses historic, cultural, natural, scenic, recreational and archeological qualities that can provide a story to the traveling public. The 122-mile trail travels along existing roadways in the southern region of the 1.1 million-acre Pinelands National Reserve. It has a northern loop that traverses the Lower Mullica River basin of the eastern Pinelands, a southern loop that travels the Delaware Bay Shore region of the Pinelands, and a central tour that guides visitors through the historic portions of Atlantic and Burlington counties. But it starts at the tail end of Ocean County, at the intersection of Routes 539 and 9 in downtownTuckerton.
The Tuckerton Seaport and the Little Egg Harbor Quaker Meeting House are two notable stops tourists might make along the route. The trail proceeds to Stage Road in Little Egg Harbor and travels to Bass River State Forest and Lake Absegami. Here tourists will learn the Bass River State Forest was the state’s first reserve and the lake was excavated and the “Parkitecture” buildings erected by the Civilian Conservation Corps.
Traveling across the Mullica River, tourists can note the historic bridge tender’s house, then wend their way into the Pinelands through Belleplain and Wharton state forests. The trail can be used as a road map that guides visitors to numerous points of interest such as historic villages like Batsto, hamlets like Chatsworth, churches and schoolhouses, as well as wildlife management areas. Detailed directions and a map of the trail are available on the Pinelands Commission’s web site: www.state.nj.us/pinelands
The following businesses can help you with regard to the Pinelands:
* First Bridge Marina & Kayak, 500 Great Bay Boulevard (1st Bridge), Tuckerton, NJ 609-296-1888 www.fbkayak.com
* New Jersey Kayak, 409 East Bay Avenue, Barnegat, NJ 609-698-4440 www.njkayak.com
Are There Any Parks Or Natural Areas?
* Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge. The parking lot for the LBI Wildlife Refuge is Only 1 Street From Lorry’s Island End Motel On Long Beach Island, NJ.
* Barnegat Lighthouse State Park, Broadway, Barnegat Light, NJ Ph: 609-494-2016
* Bayview Park, 68th St & Long Beach Blvd, Brant Beach, NJ Ph: 609-361-1000
Where Can We Rent Kayaks & Canoes?
* Holgate Marina – near Lorry’s, 83 Tebco Terrace, Beach Haven Inlet, NJ Ph: 609-492-0191 Holgate Marina is only 13 streets from Lorry’s Motel. Holgate Marina rents Kayaks, Jet Skis and also has some transient boat slips.
Any Public Golf Courses Near Long Beach Island, NJ ?
* Ocean Acres Country Club, 925 Buccaneer Lane, Manahawkin, NJ Ph: 609-597-9393
* Ocean County Golf Course at Atlantis, Country Club Blvd, Little Egg Harbor, NJ Ph: 609-296-2444
* Sea Oaks Golf Club, 99 Golfview Drive, Little Egg Harbor, NJ Ph: 609-296-2656
Are There Public Tennis Courts On Long Beach Island, NJ?
* Holgate Bay Beach – Only 3 Streets From Lorry’s Motel
* Beach Haven on Bay Avenue
* At Acme Supermarket is located Long Beach Township Tennis Courts on Long Beach Boulevard
Are There Any Private Tennis Courts On LBI, NJ ?
* LBI Foundation Tennis Courts, 120 Long Beach Blvd, Loveladies, NJ 609-494-1642
* Loveladies Tennis Club, Riveria Dr & Long Beach Blvd, Loveladies, NJ 609-494-0919
Where Can We Rent Boats?
* Holgate Marina – near Lorry’s, 83 Tebco Terrace, Beach Haven Inlet, NJ 609-492-0191 Holgate Marina is only 13 streets from Lorry’s
Holgate Marina rents kayaks, sailboats and also some transient boat slips.
* George’s Boat Rentals, 20th & the Bay, North Beach Haven, NJ 609-492-7931
Where Can We Parasail On Long Beach Island, NJ ?
* Parasailing 609-492-3366 at Holgate Marina. Holgate Marina – near Lorry’s 83, Tebco Terrace, Beach Haven Inlet, NJ Ph: 609-492-0191 Holgate Marina is only 13 streets from Lorry’s Motel. Make a left on Tebco Terrace. Holgate Marina also rents kayaks, sailboats and also some transient boat slips.
Are There Seaports Available?
* Tuckerton Seaport, 120 W Main St, Tuckerton, NJ 609-296-3875
Tuckerton Seaport is a 40-acre working Maritime Village with 16 restored and replicated buildings, including the Tucker’s Island Lighthouse.
Are There Any Casinos Near Long Beach Island, NJ ?
Atlantic City has 8 casinos and they are only about a little over 1 hour away by car from Lorry’s Motel. Also, there is a Bus (almost free) one street from Lorry’s Motel at the LBI Wildlife Preserve parking lot to the Atlantic City Casinos in season (please check The SandPaper for A.C. Bus Schedules). he cost is approximately $25 per person and you get approximately $20 per person back at arrival in Atlantic City at the casino.
Are There Any Race Tracks?
* Atlantic City Racing Association
* Monmouth Park Jockey Club
Are There Any Historical Sites Or Museums?
* N.J. Maritime Museum, Beach Haven (Only 4 Minutes By Car From Lorry’s Motel)
* LBI Historical Museaum – Beach Haven
* Historic Barnegat Lighthouse
* Barnegat Light Museum
* Historic Batsto Village
What Cruises / Adventures Are Available?
* Black Whale Pirate Adventure – at Beach Haven Dock 100 North West Avenue, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 Ph:
609-978-9951 * Sorry, the Black Whale Casino and Bay Cruise is no longer in business due to the economy. We hope that we will see this cruise operating in the future.
Are There Any Places For Birding (Bird Watching)?
* Forsythe National Wildlife Preserve (Only 2 Short Streets From Lorry’s)
* Barnegat Lighthouse State Park 609-494-2016
Where Can We Rent Skates?
* Beach Nutz, 307 North Long Beach Boulevard, Surf City, NJ 609-361-1881
Where Can We Shoot Pool?
* Hudson House Bar, 19 E 13th St, N Beach Haven, NJ 609-492-9616 – – On Long Beach Island, NJ (LBI)
* Thunderbird Lanes, 640 E. Bay Avenue, Manahawkin, NJ 609-978-9300 – On Nearby Mainland. Thunderbird Lanes main focus is a bowling alley
Is There Bowling Near Lorry’s Motel ?
* Thunderbird Lanes, 640 E Bay Ave, Manahawkin, NJ 609-978-9300 – – On Nearby Mainland. They also have 2 pool tables available.
What Art Galleries Are Available?
* Annette’s Art Gallery, 111 N Bay Ave, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 — Ph: 609-492-1966
* Gallery, 210 N Bay Ave, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 – – Ph: 609-207-1275
* Up From The Deep Shoppes, 9th & Bay Ave, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 – – Ph: 609-492-7574
* Gwenn Hotaling Art Studio & Gallery, 285 W 8th St, Ship Bottom, NJ 08008 – – Ph: 609-494-7485
* Fire Fly, 15 Long Beach Boulevard, Surf City, NJ 08008 Ph: 609-361-7700
* Island Earth Art Gallery, 1715 Long Beach Boulevard, Surf City, NJ 08008 – – Ph: 609-494-8662
* Jane Law’s Long Beach Island Art Studios & Gallery, 2001 Long Beach Boulevard, Surf City, NJ 08008 – – Ph: 609-494-4232
* M.T. Burton Gallery, 19th St & Long Beach Boulevard, Surf City, NJ 08008 – – Ph: 609-494-0006
* North End Trilogy, 506 Broadway, Barnegat Light, NJ 08008 Ph: 609-494-9640
* Watermark Gallery, 115 Water St, Tuckerton, NJ 08008 Ph: 609-294-3343